MILWAUKEE, June 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Northwestern Mutual, a leading financial security company, today announced the promotions and appointments of several leaders to help advance the company's strategy and transformation agenda.
"We are committed to leading our industry by transforming the way clients experience financial security, and these leaders are critical in driving our strategy," said John Schlifske, chairman and chief executive officer. "This move brings together both deep experience in delivering on our business fundamentals and accelerating innovation and growth."
The following leaders are being promoted and/or named to new roles:
- Tim Gerend, senior vice president-career distribution, now leads the following departments: distribution performance and development, field strategy and integration, planning and sales, and field rewards. Gerend's appointment was prompted by the upcoming retirement of Greg Oberland, executive vice president and company president, who will retire later this summer after 36 years with the company.
- Aditi Gokhale has been promoted to senior vice president in addition to being chief marketing officer.
- Christian Mitchell has been promoted to senior vice president-investment products & services in addition to seving as chief executive officer of Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company.
- Beth Rodenhuis, senior vice president, has also been named chief transformation officer, continuing to oversee corporate strategy and the company's transformation office.
- Emilia Sherifova has been promoted to senior vice president and chief technology officer, the first woman to hold this position at Northwestern Mutual.
- Alexa von Tobel has been promoted to senior vice president and chief innovation officer for Northwestern Mutual in addition to serving as chief executive officer of LearnVest.
These leaders will be become part of the company's expanded senior leadership team, responsible for overseeing Northwestern Mutual's strategy, execution and operations. The changes in roles and responsibilities will begin taking effect July 1 and continue through the end of August.
About Northwestern Mutual
Northwestern Mutual has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for more than 160 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach, we empower our clients to make the most of every single day and plan for important moments in their future. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience to help our clients navigate their financial lives every day. With $265.0 billion in assets, $28.1 billion in revenues, and $1.8 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to 4.5 million people who rely on us for life, disability income and long-term care insurance, annuities, brokerage and advisory services, trust services, and discretionary portfolio management solutions. The company manages more than $125 billion of client assets through its wealth management and investment services. Northwestern Mutual ranks 104 on the 2018 FORTUNE 500 and is recognized by FORTUNE® as one of the "World's Most Admired" life insurance companies in 2018.
Northwestern Mutual is the marketing name for The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company (NM), Milwaukee, WI (life and disability insurance, annuities, and life insurance with long-term care benefits) and its subsidiaries. Northwestern Mutual and its subsidiaries offer a comprehensive approach to financial security solutions including: life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability income insurance, annuities, life insurance with long-term care benefits, investment products, and advisory products and services. Subsidiaries include Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC (NMIS) (securities), broker-dealer, registered investment adviser, member FINRA and SIPC; the Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company® (NMWMC) (fiduciary and fee-based financial planning services), federal savings bank; and Northwestern Long Term Care Insurance Company (NLTC) (long-term care insurance).
SOURCE Northwestern Mutual