The Long-Term Care Awareness Study
This is proprietary research conducted by Northwestern Mutual in 2012. Use of this information is intended for reference. Northwestern Mutual's recent proprietary research is available here.
Northwestern Mutual sponsored a poll highlighting the attitudes and motivations of Americans for planning for long-term care. More than 2,500 U.S. adults were surveyed. (Conducted October 2012)
Read the findings from the 2012 Long-Term Care Awareness Study.
Resources for Long-Term Planning
Northwestern Mutual has a range of resources to help individuals think about and plan for long-term care needs:
- Learn about the findings of Northwestern Mutual’s 2011 Cost of Long-Term Care Study that analyzes the accessibility and affordability of different types or care services by geographic location.
- Visit the Long-Term Care Cost Calculator to help you better understand the potential cost if you were to require long-term care services.
- Visit the Lifespan Calculator to estimate out how many years you may live in retirement.
- Learn more about the long-term care costs and options available to you.
- View a video of former broadcast journalist Meryl Comer describing what it means to be a caregiver to her husband, who was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s 18 years ago. She shared her personal story with Northwestern Mutual.